The primary focus of this position is to act as a representative of our company to provide top quality service to our customers. Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment. Specific duties for this position include answering phones and following through on customer inquiries. Supervision ranges from close to general. Optical experience helpful.
Essential Duties: All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed:
- Provide quality customer service by answering incoming customer calls, responding to customer questions/concerns, entering orders and/or redo’s, researching technical questions, and conducting outbound calls. 85% of time.
- Prioritizing and problem solving customer issues and concerns. 15% of time.
- Manage customer late lists, moving late jobs through lab and communicating with customers.
- Perform other duties within the customer service department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
Physical Demands: The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, office environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the office is generally quiet.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience and/or training required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.