South Hills Eye Associates, a dedicated group of eye physicians and surgeons, offering the highest quality of comprehensive ophthalmology and vision services.
Our doctors have expertise in Advanced Cataract Surgery, Laser Vision Correction (LASIK and PRK), Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment, Macular Degeneration diagnosis and treatment, Dry Eye diagnosis and treatment, and and Diabetic eye care. We are certified in the use of multifocal and astigmatism correcting lens implants, as well as the most advanced wavefront (custom) and bladeless (Intralase) Laser Vision Correction.
This is a full-time position and is located mainly in the Mt. Lebanon Office. The working hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8a-4:30p, Thursday hours vary from 8a-4:30p or 11a-7:30p; hours and locations my vary depending upon clinic needs. Stop applying for jobs and start towards a career!
The Contact Lens Technician works under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist & Optometrist, performing various clinical duties involving contact lenses and patient care. Our current long standing contact lens technician will be retiring at the end of the year and we are looking to fill her role before she retires to work alongside her until then.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Patient contact.
- Evaluations and fittings.
- Instruct patients on good eye hygiene and care of lenses.
- Teach insertion and removal of contact lenses.
- Charge of stocking lenses.
- Maintaining inventory.
- Taking phone calls.
- Keeping patients records up to date on contact lens RX.
- Maintaining follow up appointments with patients.
- Ordering contact lenses.
- Billing out contact lenses.
- Communicating lens options to patients.
- Dispensing lenses to patients.
- Productivity for physicians.
- Is supervised by Practice Administrator
- Must have warm, friendly personality and a helpful attitude.
- Handle complaints from patients and solve them.
- Able to handle difficult or impatient people, the elderly and youths.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent customer service
- Knowledge of medical billing.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Knowledge of medical coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology/abbreviations.
- Knowledge of patients insurance.
- Ability to prioritize and execute a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate multi-line telephone system.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, employers, and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedure, including but limited to standards of safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, phone and in writing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Licensing:
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- NCLE Certification, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician (required)
- 1-3 Years experience as technician (required)
- Experience with an EHR System (preferred)
- NCLE certification (required)
- Contact Lens fitting experience (required)
- Experience with IOL Master, A-Scans and Manual Keratometry readings (required)
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, medical staff, management and peers.