The Optical Dispensary at Raleigh Eye Center is seeking a Contact Lens Technician for a Full Time position.
This individual will be responsible for evaluating and fitting contact lenses, training the patient in the care, insertion and removal of lenses, billing insurances and collecting accurate patient responsibility.
At least 2 years experience with contact lens fitting including gas permeable lenses is required.
Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, strong organization with attention to detail. Must be familiar with insurance and filing claims.
- Perform contact lens evaluation and fitting in accordance with the patient's prescription.
- Provide patient training in the insertion, removal and care of contact lenses through hands-on andwritten instructions.
- Order contact lenses for patients' specifications and maintain a database of lens orders.
- Maintain inventory of trial lenses as well as revenue
- Ensure all contact lens charges are collected and submitted to insurance.
- Maintain contact and service agreements. Notify and schedule patients for I & R training.
- Interface with all contact lens representatives
- Maintain knowledge of current technical logical developments in contact lenses and patient needs.
Monday - Thursday 8:30am to 6:00pm
Friday 8:30 to 1:00pm
Hours are on a rotation basis
Competitive salary based on experience
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off and 401(k) with an employer match.