The contact lens customer support team member will provide the highest levels of quality, care, and professionalism to the patients and customers of Rocky Mountain Eye Center regarding contact lens purchases, use of accessory products and instructional techniques. This position encourages on-going education and training. Contact lenses are a medical device—strict attention must be paid to doctor directives.
- Ensure that every patient visiting Rocky Mountain Eye Center is given friendly and professional service through every interaction.
- Observe all sanitizing procedures, social distancing requirements and use of PPE during each business day.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to phone and electronic communication from patients, online vendors, other satellite offices and physicians.
- Maintains, updates and creates accurate contact lens patient and prescription data in the software system.
- Professionally assist patients with direction regarding the best use of insurance benefits and rebate offers.
- Accurately process and inspect orders, manage lens warranties and submit refund paperwork and product returns as required.
- Submit prior authorization requests and claims in a timely manner to third-party payers and collect and post patient responsibility payments.
- Must be able to safely and correctly operate Lensometer, Radiuscope, Polisher, Diameter Gauge, Scanner, Magnifier and various precision hand tools.
- Must be able to accurately locate, re-order and replace diagnostic lenses as needed in the fit sets.
- Professionally and patiently give accurate, complete and correct instruction to new wearers during the New Wearer Training Appointment, including completion of paperwork, medical record data input and scheduling of follow-up appointments.
- Must be able to explain basic visual issues and types of vision correction systems to patients and family members.
- Must be able to explain the fitting process time line, costs and follow up visit requirements while establishing realistic expectations of visual outcomes for the patient and family members.
- Accurately and consistently determine course of action for each patient regarding dispensing of diagnostic lenses, reordering of supply and selecting the type, length and time of appointments when scheduling.
- Develop professional business relationships with other team members, inter-divisional staff, and external parties (lens labs, vendors and distributors).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation is required.
- Able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Proficient in use of English language both in written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, staff, doctors and vendors.
- Able to remain calm and professional regardless of workload or time constraints.
- Must have and maintain a strong understanding of current HIPAA, ANSI, OSHA, and ASTM standards.
- Must be able to keep electronic and paper information organized and utilize effective time-management skills
- Medical, Dental, Group Short Term Disability, H.S.A., H.R.A., Life Insurance, & 401 Safe Harbor upon benefits eligibility date
- No-cost annual eye exams for employees and dependents upon eligibility date
- Employee discounts on frames, lenses and contacts
- Friends & Family optical discount cards
- Generous PTO/Holiday/Vacation Pay