Perfect Opportunity for an Experienced Optician to work for an established MD office, in an established MD Group! Office hours are 9 am to 6 pm. NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS! We are a growing company and this could represent a great chance for someone to come join us and grow in your career!
The Optician is responsible for interpreting prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists, conducting patient visual needs assessments, and recommending frames and lenses.
The Optician calculates insurance co-pays based on insurance eligibility, prepares work orders for the optical lab, and verifies, dispenses and adjusts eyeglasses.
The Optician is a support to the management team and is responsible for demonstrating outstanding customer service and leadership in the optical.
The Optician will be expected to learn the policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and operating the dispensary.
The Optician submits orders to the optical lab and submits orders through Eyefinity
The Optician is expected to read and organize vendor invoices, reconcile monthly orders and prepare accounts payable.
- Assist patients in the selection process of spectacles, and the delivery and fitting of patient eyewear.
- Calculate insurance co-pay based on insurance eligibility.
- Process spectacle orders and review reports to monitor status on a daily basis. Verify glasses and notify patients for dispensing.
- Perform adjustments and repairs when necessary.
- Maintain inventory and display pertaining to all aspects of the optical retail area
- Provide a safe, clean, organized and inviting environment for patients.
- Maintain compliance with the organization's confidentiality policy in accordance to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Be flexible to perform other duties and assume various responsibilities.
- Have a passion for outstanding patient care.
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Competent with computers, Excel and Word.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise and understandable manner.
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room.
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis.
- Pension and more.