Pssttt... Do you like good food and sunshine??
Boy, do we have a place for you!
Put your shades on, roll up your sleeves and devour our fast-growing practice while indulging in the many career development opportunities!
Here is a little taste to get you hooked....
The Dispensing Optician will provide the highest levels of quality, care to the patients and customers of Rocky Mountain Eye Center in the selection, that best suits all of their visual and fashion needs. The primary role of the Dispensing Optician is to be a mentor for other optical employees who might not be certified, be a highly educated, trained professional who is an exemplary steward to represent the clinic in all optical facets.
....CRAVING MORE? Here is a list of Core Responsibilies....
- Ensure that every patient visiting Rocky Mountain Eye Center is given friendly and professional service through every interaction.
- Acts as a leader and mentor between the physicians, managerial and supervisor staff, and all new hires or Associate Opticians.
- Interpret eyewear prescriptions written from Ophthalmologists and Optometrists in an accurate manner and recommend advanced lens technology and frames.
- Accurately measure, fit, and order correct Rx information for patient resulting in little to no remakes.
- Professionally assist patients with the selection of frames that compliment their fashion style, functional needs, facial anatomy, and prescription. Offers patients “lifestyle dispensing” regarding coatings, sunglass importance, multiple pair discounts and contact lens wear.
- Accurately and timely process orders to internal/external labs; and collect order payment balances from customers.
- Submit claims and authorizations to third-party payers and collect and post patient responsibility payments with little error.
- Must be able to safely and correctly operate Lensometer, Pupilometer, frame warmer, lens clock, PD/mm ruler, Tracer, Edger, Tint unit, Polisher, Ultra Sonic Cleaner and various precision hand tools.
- Must be able to safely and correctly assemble, dissemble, and repair eyewear frames of all material types and construction; as well as professionally assess when frames cannot be repaired.
- Must be able to quality control, troubleshoot, research, and propose optical solutions to patients, family members, doctors, and/or management.
- Input patient and prescription data accurately into the software system
- Is a leader in maintaining inventory, both in keeping the frame boards well stocked, and accessing understock for having proper quantities on hand.
- Inspect eyewear products upon receipt and prior to dispensing to patients.
- Have a working knowledge of contact lenses. Orders, calls and dispenses lenses to patient.
- Develops professional business relationships with other team members, inter-divisional staff, and external parties (frame and lens vendors, etc.)
...Now the MAIN COURSE....
- Two (2) years software usage skills, point-of-sale software, and web-based interfaces.
- Two (2) years experience in customer service and sales environment (ie Retail environment).
- A.B.O. and /or NCLE certification
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A valid driver's license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation is required.
- Able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
You didn't think we'd forget about dessert, did you?
- Medical, Dental, Group Short Term Disability, H.S.A., H.R.A., Life Insurance, & 401K Safe Harbor upon benefits eligibility date.
- Generous PTO/Vacation/Holiday.
- No-cost annual eye exams for employees and dependents upon eligibility date.
- Family and Friends discount cardsupon eligibility date.
- Employee discounts on frames, lenses and contacts
We invite you to sit down at the table with us. We have a lot to offer and want to get to know you and your experiences. Do we have a date?