North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat is looking to hire an energetic, skilled COA/COT/COMT to join our team!
Job duties and responsiblites may include any and/or all of the following:
- Reviews the patient medical record. Obtains a pertinent patient history to include past and present medical and ocular history as well as pertinent family history and chief complaint.
- Performs preliminary screening examinations using various ophthalmic equipment for physician review including, but not limited to, visual acuity with and without glasses, for distance and near vision; lensometry, tonometry, vision testing in children using various methods, simple color vision test, auto refraction and stereo test.
- Performs tests as ordered by the physician such as visual field testing, A Scans, pachymetry, corneal topography, BAT, Wavescan, Lenstar and Verion.
- Under supervision may examine the cornea, lens, and anterior chamber of the eye using a slit lamp and note variations from normal, perform pupil testing for size, equality and reaction prior to dilation. May perform refractions under supervision.
- Documents the patient history and all screening and testing results for review by the physician to be included in the medical record.
- Dilate patient per physician orders, maintains knowledge of ophthalmic medications and their reactions.
- Maintains, sterilizes and sets up instruments for office surgical procedures, assists the physician during the surgical procedure and with monitoring the patient.
- Calibrate and maintain ophthalmic instruments used including, but not limited to lensometer, auto refractor, tonometers, visual field etc., cleans and stocks exam and procedure rooms with drugs and other supplies as needed.
- Teaches ophthalmic skills to medical and ophthalmic assistants and ophthalmic scribes as needed.
Please send your resume to be considered for this excellent opportunity.