Harman Eye Center is now hiring experienced eye care professionals to grow our clinical team in Danville, Virginia. The ideal candidate will have a postive "can-do" attitude with excellent team building skills to help drive colleagues toward the higher level of performance that our patients deserve. We are seeking mature, happy, career minded professionals. Those looking for "a job", need not apply. We are willing to train in areas of deficiency as long as the candidate has the right attitude. The ideal candidate will recieve excellent pay, PTO and benefits, including health and dental insurance, a generous 401K plan and participation in a practice incentive bonus pool.
This healthcare professional is responsible for performing an extensive number of data collection functions, as delegated by the physician, to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patients’ conditions.
Ophthalmic Assistant Certification
Minimum of two years experience in clinical setting
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Empathetic personality with concern for patients’ needs
Strong organization with attention to detail
Ability to work as a team member
Demonstrated ability to perform comprehensive work ups on four patients per hour
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrated electronic health record competency
- Acquaints all new patients with office procedures to which they will be exposed.
- Informs patients of the purpose of all tests personally performed, and how the patient will be affected during the tests.
- Obtains patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and history of allergies and medications.
- Performs accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks to include: Visual acuity, Manual lensometry, Confrontational visual fields, Stereo testing, Evaluation of motility, Pupillary function tests, Color plates, Applanation tonometry, Refractometry, Angle assessment, Dilation of pupils, Contact lens evaluations, Visual field testing, Optic nerve scanning (i.e. OCT, HRT, GDx), Pachymetry, Corneal topography, Other tasks specific to the physician’s needs as a result of new technologies
- Ability to perform duties consistent with ophthalmic writer/scribe.
- Determines which patient should be taken next from the waiting room to have testing initiated.
- Escorts all patients from the waiting room for data collection.
- Advises patients as to who will see them following testing and makes patients comfortable during wait.
- Maintains a smooth flow of patients to the physician, altering the test sequence as required.
- Communicates with reception to facilitate proper patient flow.