Come work in a cutting edge Opthalmic practice with the latest equipment, great staff and Doctor.
• Assist in any sub-specialty area as needed.
• Perform a variety of ophthalmic diagnostic tests including OCT, Wavescan, Pentacam, Ultasonic Biometry and HFA CVF.
• Knowlege of LASIK, previous experience with Visx S4IR, iDesign Advanced Customview aberometer and Moria SBK keratomes a plus
• Able to set up and assist in surgical procedures.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment--
Experience with Medflow EHR a plus.
• Obtain a complete medical and ophthalmic history.
• Establish rapport with patients during diagnostic tests and examinations.
• Obtain visual acuities.
•Visual fields testing with Humphrey automated perimeter.
• Perform pre LASIK testing.
• Perform tonometry.
• Perform confrontation visual fields.
• Check for color vision defects.
• Set up and assist minor surgical proceedures
• Perform amsler grid
• Instill dilating drops when directed by physician.
• Perform refraction using a phoropter.
• Perform eye alignment evaluations.
• Explain physician's orders.
• Perform routine maintenance of equipment using established methods of cleaning and sterilization.
• Prepare and maintain examination rooms
• Complete lab slips and requisitions for tests
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described above.
Travel to satellite clinics required 4 times a month.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. Associates degree or equivalent.
2. Satisfactory completion of an approved JCAHPO written examination for COA/COT certification.
3. Minimum of two years experience.
30+hours per week