Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist - Eye Center, Elkin, is hiring for a full time Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.
WE ARE SEEKING FULL TIME CERTIFIED OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANTS TO JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM HERE AT THE WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH EYE CENTER.
CURRENTLY LOCATED IN THE WINSTON CAMPUS OF WFBH, MOVING TO A NEW STATE OF THE ART FACILITY IN THE NEAR FUTURE, DOWNTOWN WINSTON-SALEM.
MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITES FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH, WITH FOCUS ON DELIVERING SUPERIOR PATIENT CARE.
****ALL NEW-HIRES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A TECH SIGN-ON BONUS****
JOB SUMMARY: Works with team to provide preliminary screening exam providing to the physician pertinent information needed for ophthalmic exam and care of the patient.
SCHEDULE: MON - FRI No Weekends. No Holidays.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Certification by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel (JCAHPO) in Ophthalmology at the Certified Ophthalmic Assistant level.
*Non-certified Technicians considered. Department will provide assitance obtaining certifcation within one year of employment.*
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION
Maintains COA certification level
CPR ( American Heart)
1. Performs preliminary screening s as ordered via physician including but not limited to providing detailed patient medical/ocular histories, obtaining visual acuity, tonometry, lensometry, pupil exam, instilling ocular medication, visual field testing.
2. Maintains assigned ophthalmic exam lanes/equipment in clinic. Cleans ophthalmic equipment in exam rooms according to guidelines. Maintains physical environment of exam rooms.
3. Ensures exam room/lane are stocked appropriately.
4. Interacts with patients/families, coworkers and physicians in professional courteous manner at all times. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the work place at all times.
5. Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, required continuing education hours to maintain certification according to JCAHPO guidelines. Maintains current CPR certification during employment.
6. Under direction of physician may perform prescription refill following standard guidelines.
7. Demonstrates dedication to patient service and care by serving as a role model in delivering quality patient care at all times.
8. Performs other job duties incidental to the work described here in and based on Certification level.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic assistant?must main certification during employment
Computer skills, work experience with Electronic Medical Record preferred
Solid understanding of ophthalmic practice and care of ophthalmic patient
Knowledge of ophthalmic instrumentation
Proficient in basic preliminary ophthalmic testing according to certification COA
Effective communication skills
Ability to multi task with efficiency. Understands the need for efficient use of time.
Ability to recognize common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work surrounding
Current BLS certification
Ability to withstand long period of standing and walking
Ability to be focused and organized, working as a team player at all times
Fast paced , busy daily clinic