Job Title: CLX - Strategic Channel Account Manager
Opti-Port is looking for an experienced strategic channel account manager to help manage the explosive growth it is experiencing with its flagship software system, CLX. CLX is a web-based contact lens management system that helps eye care practices implement a more strategic and comprehensive approach to managing their contact lens business. Through a B2B and B2C model, CLX not only allows its users to be more efficient and drive their contact lens business within their office, but it also provides them an automated and convenient online platform for their patients to re-order contact lenses on behalf of the doctor.
The CLX Strategic Channel Account Manager is responsible for driving an increase in revenues for specific CLX channel categories including partner alliances (PERC, Vision Source, Others), distributor partners, and practice management systems. This is accomplished by leading the key strategic execution and collaboration efforts for marketing, on-boarding, education, customer service and strategic plans and workflows that drive sales and ongoing usage of CLX within specific channels. Success in this role will be achieved through consultative and collaborate relationships with the key executive management teams in each channel, as well as the associated administrators and managers in each channel.
Major Areas of Responsibility
The major areas of responsibility include:
• Achieve revenue and CLX penetration goals within assigned channels
• Manage multiple channels, developing positive working relationships with all key channel and customer touch points
• Prepare and maintain annual marketing and implementation plans for key CLX channels
• Account management for each active channel including weekly / monthly updates for CLX user counts, marketing and communications activities, education and promotion for meetings and conferences, and overall channel adoptions rate and customer service
• Work closely with CLX marketing and sales management teams on day to day operational processes and CLX product team to communicate and promote system functionality enhancements and updates
• Collaborate with channels to execute on agreed upon meeting, conference and promotional plans to optimize awareness and adoption of CLX as main platform
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates to internal teams to maintain ongoing scorecard along with key initiatives needed to meet company goals
• Coordinate and collaborate with ELOA teams and leadership to provide value-add programs
• Deliver quarterly / semiannual business reviews for key channel executives and managers
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
• 7 to 10 years sales experience
• Optical selling experience highly preferred, web-based software account management experience a plus
• 2+ years of proven success with project management experience
• Proficiency with Windows XP, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
• Strong business acumen and understanding of such areas as finance, budgets, margins, return on investment, etc.
• Dynamic personality that is goal-oriented and able to lead teams and drive projects
• Experience developing relationships with executive level and management level within customer organizations
• Extremely organized and able to quickly articulate key actions steps
• Highly developed negotiation skills
• Experience managing a complex customer with documented success
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, balancing client deliverables on multiple projects as well as internal obligations
• Strong ability to partner and communicate at an advanced level in industry
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills required; both verbal and written
• Strong influencing skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and influence key decision makers. Demonstrated ability to influence vertically and horizontally.
• Must be willing to travel (50%+).
• Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and drive team performance and results.