The Virginia Eye Institute is looking for a Medical Biller/Coder for a great healthcare company in the Richmond, VA area. This position assures all established billing guidelines, systems applications, workflows, and process requirements are being met daily, in order to ensure timely filling of claims, Payer denial reductions, and optimal reimbursement. The MB/MC will be responsible for submitting claims, validating coding accuracy, performing coding reviews, and correcting errors.
1) Physician coding review; validating procedures, Charge capture; primary and secondary claims submission.
2) Front-end rejections' resolution and clearinghouse account management
3) Payer denials analytics, resolution and reduction management.
4) Insurance claims follow-up
5) Generate monthly claim status reports.
and Back Office staff, contracted facilities and patients.
7) Communicates verbally and in writing regarding account inquires and/or balance discrepancies, billing and claim balance resolution, procedural coding, invoices and payments.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with CPT, HCPCS Level II, and Category II
Coding; ICD-9 and ICD-10-CM Coding; and Physician or hospital medical billing preferred;
2) Must demonstrate advanced performance in a physician or hospital billing revenue cycle or central business office utilizing CPT, HCPCS Level II, Category II Coding; ICD-9 and ICD-10-CM Coding; and CMS national billing guidelines
3)Advanced knowledge of third-party insurance, and familiarity with insurance plan types: HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity Plans, Workman's Compensation, and Veterans Affairs Healthcare Administration filing
Work Hours: Mon – Thurs 8:00am – 5:00pm; Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
We offer a reputation of excellence, competitive compensation and benefits including a 100% match on 401(k) up to 6% and profit sharing. If you are interested in what the Virginia Eye Institute has to offer, please come see us at www.vaeye.com.