Retina Institute of Virginia, PLLC is seeking a full time Authorization Coordinator. We are a large, busy ophthalmic practice looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and responsible individual with a positive attitude.
The purpose of RIV is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients with high-quality personnel, equipment, and facilities.
We offer a team-oriented work environment where we always work for the good of the patient and practice, not for our own convenience. No one is more important than anyone else and we make sure everyone feels valued. We have worked hard to create a no-nonsense work environment where we always encourage a ‘happy to do it’ attitude.
Responsible for obtaining all pre-authorizations for all procedures, surgeries, and diagnostic tests. Prepares patient charts and performs other administrative support functions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in time management
- Demonstrated ability to work alone
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyzes clinical information to ensure the services requested are authorized according to clinical protocols
- Analyzes information required to complete pre-authorizations with insurance carriers and service area contracts
- Responsible for validation of member benefits for the services requested
- Validates accuracy of insurance enrollment information in the system prior to authorizing services
- Demonstrates the skills of effective communication, decision-making, and organization to ensure efficient job performance and job success
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Requires knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for government, self-funded, and commercial payers
- Other duties as assigned
Job Details and Benefits:
This is a full-time position. Retina Institute of Virginia, PLLC offers a team-oriented work environment and competitive compensation package with benefits including: continuing education, medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, paid training, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401(k).
Salary commensurate with experience. Some travel to satellite offices required. EOE.
If you want to gain exciting experience and be part of a talented, diverse team, please apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!