Position Title: Audiologist
EEO Status : Professional
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8a-5p; depends on clinic needs
Location: Matthews, as well as other locations for coverage PRN.
Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas’ most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for an Audiologist. The position is full time and located in our Matthews office.
As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
Summary of the position:
Manage the hearing and vestibular health needs of patients by conducting and analyzing diagnostic data and recommending a course of treatment while also assisting physicians by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document patient encounters properly in accordance with CEENTA compliance guidelines in our electronic medical record software in a timely manner.
- Perform pediatric and adult hearing evaluations and diagnostic assessments including ABR, ECog, and ENG.
- Appraise patients’ hearing ability and recommend treatment including the utilization of a hearing aid.
- Be responsible for the fitting and evaluation of hearing appliances, performing minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, providing technical service for appliances, or serving as the liaison with the vendor for any adjustments or repairs.
- Consult/counsel families of patients, and liaise with educational therapies, residential nursing, and home care staff.
- Diagnose and treat BPPV.
- Compose correspondence to various parties regarding patients, including referring physicians, insurance carriers, various health care agencies, and school officials.
Education and/or Experience:
Audiology doctorate; A minimum of 3 years experience in a busy ENT practice is preferred, but we will accept a strong CFY. Previous Epic, Noah Link and Microsoft Office experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude with an attention to details
- Network computer software applications, practice management software, and applicable electronic medical record software
- The ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance with CEENTA standards (may vary by specialty and/or physician)
- Properly utilize Audiometer, ENG/VNG equipment, ABR/Ecog equipment, I Pro/Noah Link, Audiogram Testing, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, Counseling Skills, and Accounting Skills
- Maintain proficiency in machines utilized to perform duties
Certificates and License:
- Audiology License from the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists REQUIRED
- Audiology License From the South Carolina Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing Aid Dispensing License from North Carolina State Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Board REQUIRED
- Certification from the American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- Certification from the American Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Association (ASHA)
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Join our team to provide excellent patient care!