A rewarding position for an bilingual individual that is highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and customer-service focused. Responsible for handling incoming calls and administration duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first.
Position: Appointment Specialist Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: Appointment Department Manager
Hours: Must be able to work within a retail office schedule including occasional Saturdays.
- Operate a multi-line phone system.
- Answer all calls in a professional and friendly manner.
- Appropriately manage a queue of patient phone calls.
- Direct phone calls to other departments as appropriate.
- Maintain a database of correct patient information.
- Efficiently schedule appointments for multiple doctors across several offices.
- Act as a liaison between patients and insurance companies to verify insurance benefits.
- Respond to online appointment requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Initiate calls to patients as requested
- Analyze, solve, and correct customer service issues using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
- Cultivate an organized and orderly atmosphere.
- Achieve established Appointment Specialist Associate goals and objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- AA or BA/BS desired
- Must be Bilingual in Spanish
- 1-3 years prior healthcare/call center experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Interest in healthcare
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Must present a professional appearance
- Able to withstand long periods of desk work
- Some in city travel required