Position: Appointment Specialist Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: Appointment Department Manager
Hours: Must be able to work within a retail office schedule including occasional Saturdays.
A rewarding position for an individual that is highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and customer-service focused. Responsible for handling incoming calls and administration duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first.
Key Essential Responsibilities:
• Operate a multi-line phone system.
• Answer all calls in a professional and friendly manner.
• Appropriately manage a queue of patient phone calls.
• Direct phone calls to other departments as appropriate.
• Maintain a database of correct patient information.
• Efficiently schedule appointments for multiple doctors across several offices.
• Act as a liaison between patients and insurance companies to verify insurance benefits.
• Respond to online appointment requests in a professional and timely manner.
• Initiate calls to patients as requested
• Analyze, solve, and correct customer service issues using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
• Cultivate an organized and orderly atmosphere.
• Achieve established Appointment Specialist Associate goals and objectives.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• AA or BA/BS desired
• 1-3 years prior healthcare/call center experience preferred.
• Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Interest in healthcare
• Strong communication skills
• Must present a professional appearance
• Able to withstand long periods of desk work
• Some in city travel required