Anesthesiologist, Part-Time - The Villages, FL
St. Luke's at The Villages is looking to hire a Board Certified Anesthesiologist (Physician) to work one day a week on Thursdays and an occasional Tuesday at The Villages; no traveling will be required.
About St. Luke's:
St. Luke’s is a legendary ophthalmic practice with five locations in the Gulf Coast region of Florida and one in The Villages. The St. Luke’s name is known not only for excellence in cataract surgery results and patient care but also for career opportunities and growth in the communities we serve. Our offices are found in places where many people vacation, so if you’re seeking a position with a Florida lifestyle where you have the chance to learn new skills every day and get to work alongside some of the best doctors and support staff in the world, you’ve come to the right place!
St. Luke’s at the Villages opened in November 2012 as a state of the art ophthalmic facility. Led by Kimberly Ireland, M.D., our team of employees is committed to fulfilling our motto by providing “Excellence with Love” to our patients. Our practice is dedicated to ensuring that each of our patients has the best vision possible, and that our patients are treated with respect and compassion. St. Luke’s at The Villages is affiliated with St. Luke’s Cataract and Laser Institute, founded in 1968 by James P. Gills, M.D., and based in Tarpon Springs, FL.
Please visit our website to learn more about St. Luke’s at The Villages:
About The Villages, FL:
The Villages was conceived over 50 years ago and is an active retirement community located in sunny central Florida. Its motto: Florida's Friendliest Hometown. In 2012, Forbes magazine ranked The Villages as the No. 1 fastest-growing small town. The Villages currently has 100,000+ residents.
About the Position:
The Anesthesiologist will generally work between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, every Thursday with availability for an occasional Tuesday (one to two per month).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer sedation or anesthesia during routine outpatient ophthalmology cases.
- Monitor and assess patient’s vital signs before, during and after surgery and manage complications or adverse reactions.
- Record amount and type of anesthesia and pain relievers administered and patient reaction throughout medical procedures.
- Examine patient’s medical history and perform diagnostic tests to determine allergies and risk in administering anesthesia and pain relievers.
- Decide when patients have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent home following surgery.
- Coordinate with Physician in administering anesthesia before any surgical operation to determine effective anesthetic or sedation method.
- Perform preoperative history and physical exam prior to the surgical procedures.
Skills & Specifications:
- Board Certification with an active Florida state license required
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Must be mobile in a surgery and office setting; walking, sitting, standing, bending and stretching
- Perform general duties and other functions as required or assigned
We hire Non-Smokers only
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
We participate in E-Verify