- Posted on: August 24, 2012
- Job Type: Full-time
Board of Directors/Owners
This is a salaried position and as such, hours may vary depending upon job requirements.
This healthy, growing, well established 6 MD, 1 OD group ophthalmology practice with a strong, well trained support staff of 100 , on site optical dispensary, Excimer Laser and physician owned ASC is located in a beautiful southern city centrally situated within 2.5 hours of the mountains, the coast and a large metropolitan area. Local attractions include both public and private golf courses and communities, a large recreational lake, excellent shopping and local arts.
Summary of Responsibility
The Executive Administrator is responsible to the Board of Directors for the administration, planning and coordination of all business affairs of all corporate entities. Specific areas of responsibility include Planning and Development, Financial and Practice Operations, Clinical Operations, Human Resources, Compliance and Marketing. The Administrator directly supervises the administrative staff, department supervisors and coordinators delegating authority as appropriate.
Group Benefits include: Group Health and Life; Voluntary Dental, Short and Long Term Disability; 401-K Retirement Plan; Cafeteria Plan including Flex Medical Spending and Dependent Care; Paid time off.
Specific benefits for this position: Competitive salary; Mobile phone; Professional Dues and Fees; CME allowance.
Minimum Educational Requirement
• A Master’s degree in Business/Medical Administration or equivalent work experience in medical administration.
• Certified Ophthalmic Executive credential is preferred.
• Ophthalmic Technical knowledge is a plus.
• At least five years management experience in a medical group practice required; Ophthalmology practice management preferred.
• Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, managed care plans and medical electronic billing and remittance.
• Financial skills and sufficient knowledge of accounting to direct the operation of computerized general ledger, A/P, A/R, payroll and patient management systems.
• Possess extensive knowledge and ability to educate and enforce compliance with all federal and state programs and requirements regarding Medicare and Medicaid Compliance, OSHA, HIPAA Privacy and Security, Red Flags Rule and HITECH act.
• Experience implementing Electronic Medical Records is a plus.
Minimum Demonstrated Skills
• The Executive Administrator must be very positive, enjoy working hard to achieve goals.
• Excellence in management, leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate pleasantly and to effectively convey ideas and information.
• Creative, idea generating individual with excellent follow through abilities.
• Ability to work cooperatively with all types and levels of personnel.
• Must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative, working independently, delegating effectively and achieving a beneficial bottom line results for the organization.
Resumes with salary requirements may be forwarded to email@example.com
Back to Job Listing