- Posted on: August 24, 2012
- Job Type: Full-time
The District Manager is responsible for overseeing business operations and customer service, and to drive efficiency, throughout all offices within their district. They are responsible for developing and maintaining strong office teams, by providing the tools and support necessary to sustain a positive work environment and professional growth, in support of the achievement of desired business results for the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that offices in their district are delivering customer service that “exceeds the patient’s expectations”.
• Provide guidance and functional support to the locations to ensure that they achieve sales and customer service related goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Ensures all locations are in compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) - monthly reporting and auditing each office’s performance and records and implementing corrective actions plans, where appropriate, to address non-compliant situations.
o Complete District Manager monthly audit to provide updates to the Director of Retail Operations on all findings and corrective actions needing to be taken.
• Ensures that the company’s “5 Steps to Success” and “5 Steps to Managing an Office Effectively” are consistently enforced within all offices in order to maximize sales and efficiencies.
• Act as a liaison between the Home Office and locations, to resolve any outstanding matters.
o Report all associates concerns or questions to ensure that they are addressed in a timely fashion and routed to the correct individual for resolution;
o Follow up/through on matters until completed or closed;
o Proactively coordinate personnel-related matters, including recruiting requirements, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc. with the human resources department and location general manager;
o Address all patient satisfaction concerns utilizing Customer Service Department
o Report any OD issues or concerns to the Director of Professional Services
• Ensures that general managers are supporting the development of associates through new hire training and companywide training initiatives.
• Control payroll costs by monitoring staffing levels and business trends to ensure that all offices are properly staffed so that the company goals for customer service and sales performance are met consistently.
• Ensure proper pricing and effective selling techniques are used to maximize revenue while controlling cost of goods (COGs).
• Utilize reports and feedback from the Home Office to address and resolve operational opportunities and efficiencies.
• Identify and follow through on Company brand and promotional opportunities with all associates, patients and community partners.
• Consistently demonstrate behavior and communication styles that effectively communicate the organizational expectations for professionalism and performance while leading by example.
• Attend and participate in all company meetings, functions, etc. as requested.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field strongly preferred; additional, related work experience may be substituted for degree.
• 3 - 5 years of retail management experience, at least one of which in a high performance, high volume environment (Optical experience preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated success in providing direction and tactical support in achieving desired business results.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage mulitple priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience in developing and supporting (mentoring) sales and professional staff to maximize their potential and abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and control confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that deadlines are met.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to make abrupt changes or decisions as warranted.
• Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
• This position is performed in a traditional retail office environment.
• Daily Local Travel Required – Must be able to move from location to location within the same day, as needed, in an efficient and effective manner.
Back to Job Listing