Ophthalmic Technician (Glaucoma) - Lead
We offer a competitive salary, a pleasant and rewarding work environment and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus!
Horizon Eye Care is a 21 doctor multi-specialty ophthalmology practice with 6 offices across the greater Charlotte, NC area. We provide full service medical and surgical care including routine eye care, retina, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastics, pediatrics, and cornea/ external disease. We are also the premier destination for optical and contact lens service. Horizon Eye Care is the eye care provider to the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte Checkers and the Charlotte Knights.
We are currently seeking an experienced ophthalmic technician to work with glaucoma specialists primarily in our Charlotte (Cotswold) location but will also work with these doctors in the Huntersville location. Ideal candidate will have lead experience, or feel comfortable in a lead role, as they lead a dynamic team of approximately 4 technicians.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting doctors with preliminary candidacy screenings
- Performing patient testing, and
- Assisting surgeons with procedures.
- A minimum of 2 year experience at the Ophthalmic Technician level.
- At least 1 year of experience in glaucoma
- Ability to travel between local offices (up to 10%)
- Certification by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology is preferred at the COA, COT or COMT level.
High School diploma or equivalent